Frequently Asked Questions - Jaggies Suppression
Instructions for reducing the jaggies effect on hi-res GlobeShots
- Open circle mask TIFF file.
- Filter > Noise > Median
- Select maximum radius: 16 pixels. OK. This may take a few minutes.
- Select > All, Edit > Copy
- Open the relevant High Resolution Globe with background.
- Create a New Channel using right pointing arrow. If not shown Window > Palette (PC only) > Show Channels.
- Edit > Paste mask into new channel window.
- Click on RGB in channel palette.
- Select > Load selection.
- Choose Select > Feather, in dialog box set radius = 1 pixel. OK
- Edit > Copy, close window.
- Open a background of your choice to apply globe on.
- Edit > Paste Globe into background.
- Select > Defringe, in dialog box set = 2 pixel width. OK
- Results in a globe with a smoother edge.
Macintosh Questions |
If your question or issue was not resolved,
commmunicate by email with a technical specialist:
Any comments or problems with this
let us know
- thank you!
©2012 Digital Wisdom, Inc.